All Marg Fenn pots have been fired to cone 6 (~1220°c) using clays and glazes designed to mature at that temperature. They have minimal water absorption and will survive the unique requirements of a bonsai pot.
Marg Fenn has been active in ceramics in Australia and overseas for over 25years. Here is a brief timeline of her experience:
- Completed Advanced Certificate of Applied Art Ceramics (Dandenong TAFE)
- Started her own studio and built gas fired brick kiln. Sold pottery at Art Centre Craft Market and other markets around the Melbourne area.
- Worked as ceramics technician at Dandenong TAFE 6yrs. Exhibited in joint and group exhibitions winning awards and honourable mentions.
- Represented in public and private collections.
- Committee member of Victorian ceramic group and Valley Potters.
- Graduate Diploma of Visual Arts - Ceramics (Monash)
- Publications in "Pottery in Australia" magazine.
- Victorian representative for "Pottery in Australia" magazine.
- Artist in Residence - Part time teacher
- Moved to Malaysia
- Part owner of Clay Expressions in Kuala Lumpur
- Teaching pottery to children and adults.
- Demonstrating/consulting in mixed media.
- Mentor and advisor.
- Exhibitions and sales in Malaysia and Singapore.
- Returned to Australia.
- Re-establishing studio and developing electric kiln firing techniques.